Saturday, May 31, 2008

the college stats project, part 1

Here we go. I'm pretty excited about this. I went through and got college stats for every player who's currently on a Cape League roster. I was finding that the early looks could provide a lot, but since they've been posted at such varying times, the stats aren't current. This is a more comprehensive look, with stats through last week's conference tournaments. Thich should be a representative sample, even for players whose teams are still going. Players with a star by their name saw very limited action this year. Players with stars in their stat categories saw no action.

Rather than cram everything in here, I've posted them on a geocities page. They're much easier to read there. I may also use that page for stats-heavy things during the season.

Below are links to the college stats for each Cape League team, which also includes a brief summary on each page. There's also one link that has all the teams, without the summaries, on one page.

In part two of this post, I've got the Cliff's Notes version of all this, where I'm running through the leaders in each category. That should be up later today.

I think that explains everything. Enjoy.

All Teams
Bourne
Brewster
Chatham
Cotuit
Falmouth
Harwich
Hyannis
Orleans
Wareham
Yarmouth-Dennis

No comments: